2012 ANDE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
September 26-28*, 2012
Glen Cove, New York
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
We are pleased to open registration for the ANDE 2012 Annual Conference! Each year, the ANDE Annual Conference is the largest gathering of members from around the globe. The event is targeted at high-level executives of ANDE member organizations, including leading investors, capacity development providers, foundations, banks, corporations, and research institutions. The highly interactive agenda features workshops on solutions to common challenges, networking sessions, and plenaries with leading thinkers in the SGB space. The ANDE Annual Conference is designed to deliver the following value to ANDE members:
- Build stronger relationships and promote collaboration among ANDE Members
- Provide a forum for developing solutions to common challenges
- Foster the development of ANDE regional chapters
- Enable members to realize new funding and investment opportunities
- Shape ANDE priorities for the following year
Since space is limited, only two participants from each organization may register.
What have previous participants said?
- "Once of the best conferences I attended this year: congrats!”
- "Small group discussions were really good. Liked the intimate settings and lots of time for networking in between. The topics were fantastic. The attendees were great and the format was fabulous.”
- "Both the structured programs and the networking times were both very well done. The structured sessions were particularly helpful because all of the participants were high-level practitioners and the discussions could go a lot deeper than at other conferences."
- "ANDE remains the Global Platform that brings together collaborators in the SGB space to advocate and advance the cause of Small and Growing Businesses."
- "The ANDE Conference 2011 was well-invested time to address our most important impact investing issues, both day to day and strategic, through engaging and thought provoking discussions."
2012 Annual Conference
The 2012 Annual Conference fee is $500 for ANDE members and $1,000 for non-member special guests. It will formally kick-off at 5pm on Wednesday, September 26th. However, this year we are offering a series of early tracks, which will run from 1-4pm. These early tracks are meant to provide space for directed, working sessions - some will be closed to existing working group members while others will be open to all. Read about the early tracks currently being offered
. Please email Daina Ruback
if you are interested in participating in one of them. We will provide boxed lunches for anyone who signs up in advance.
The Annual Conference will officially end at 2pm on Friday, September 28th. There will be a working session on Saturday, September 29th for regional chapters - if you are on a regional chapter steering committee and would like to stay for this session, email Jenny Everett
. We ask all conference participants to book travel accordingly so they can be present for the entire duration of the conference.
All conference participants will be housed at Glen Cove Mansion
for the duration of the conference. We have negotiated a special package rate for our conference participants. All rates include lodging and meals. Rates are as follows:
- For a single room: $289 per night
- For a double room: $249 per person per night
We have also negotiated a pre/post room rate of $169/night for participants arriving early and staying late (this rate includes breakfast). The spouse rate is $110 per night.
You must contact Glen Cove directly to make your lodging reservations by September 1st to guarantee these rates:
- Make reservation by phone: 1-877-782-9426 and say Aspen Institute/ANDE Conference
- Make reservation online: https://glencovemansion.reztrip.com using code: Ande
If you plan on commuting to and from Glen Cove each day, you will be charged a day rate which includes all meals and breaks. Please note - this is only for those who do NOT need overnight accommodation at Glen Cove and you do not need to call Glen Cove to make a reservation. The day rates are as follows:
- September 26th - $75
- September 27th - $175
- September 28th - $125
- All 3 days - $325
**Note: Day rates will be paid during registration; lodging at Glen Cove must be paid for separately by calling Glen Cove directly.
Getting to Glen Cove
Glen Cove Mansion is situated on Long Island in New York. It is approximately 40 minutes from New York City, JFK International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport. From JFK, you have the option of taking a car service or the train to Glen Cove. From LGA you need to take a car. For detailed travel instructions, download the Travel to Glen Cove document
Scholarship Requests - The deadline to request a scholarship has passed.
We have limited scholarship funds available for those who need financial support to attend the ANDE Annual Conference. Funds are limited to ANDE members and first priority will be given to international members. Scholarships can cover two of the following three:
- Conference fee,
- Lodging/meals, and/or
Only one person is eligible for a scholarship from each organization. If you’d like to request a partial scholarship, you must do so through this online registration module.
The deadline to request a scholarship has passed.
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
(ANDE members and non-member special guests; Not for scholarship requests)
For a recap of last year's conference, please click here.
*The first date of the conference falls on the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur. For those observing the holiday, please note we will begin with an evening reception on Wednesday, September 26th. We wish to respect traditions and welcome you to join us after sundown if that is your preference.
There are two synangogues in close proximity to Glen Cove:
North Country Reform Temple (reform) - http://www.ncrt.org/
Congregation Tifereth Israel (conservative): http://www.ctionline.org/welcome.html