ANDE is the only global organization dedicated to advocating for the growth of the Small and Growing Business (SGB) sector and offering services and programs to support the organizations operating in the space. Operating in over 150 countries, our members offer a diverse set of resources to support SGBs and, through the network, share unmatched resources with one another. ANDE develops initiatives and programs to address systemic challenges and opportunities to SGB development that can only be approached through collective action.
Organizations join ANDE to connect with global and regional networks of like-minded peers and to keep abreast of the latest activity in this sector. Many of our members cite the network as the best reason to continue their membership. ANDE works to connect members to one another through formal and informal networking events, regular personalized check in calls to assess your network needs, and in our regional chapters. Our members are looking to collaborate with one another, partner and share best practices to benefit their own work in addition to creating a more efficient industry as a whole. ANDE has an 85%+ renewal rate.
ANDE members have access to:
- Unparalleled opportunities for networking, peer-learning, and collaboration
- Scholarships to ANDE-sponsored events and training opportunities; discounts to sector-wide events with which ANDE has partnered
- Early registration for ANDE events and invitation-only opportunities
- Access to the ANDE member portal which contains a searchable database, knowledge library, and collaboration space
- Access to our regional chapters around the world
- Collaboration opportunities through ANDE's Learning Labs
- ANDE's Catalyst Fund and other funding initiatives
- Metrics consultations and assistance adopting the IRIS framework
- Summaries on new research published on related topic-areas
- Opportunities to raise their profile among local, regional, and global audience
- Privileged knowledge through access to ANDE’s staff, board, and membership
REaDY To Apply?
Click here to see the steps to apply for ANDE membership!
- I’m an SGB or an interested supporter! Can I join ANDE?
Our membership is only for organizations and only for intermediaries, not the SGBs themselves. Please check out the list of our Current Members. They are best positioned to support your SGB.
- My organization is a startup and I’m looking for funding through ANDE Membership. We can’t afford the membership dues, can we get a discount for being new/small/awesome? Our dues are established in a tiered structure that helps certain types of members and those based in developing countries to pay a reduced rate. If you are currently unable to afford the fees, we often find that you also might not yet have the bandwidth to fully take advantage of everything membership has to offer since you need to focus on fundraising and growth versus collaboration. Sign up to receive our newsletter, stay in touch, and apply when you are a bit further along in your growth stage.
- We do amazing work with entrepreneurs in a developed country (U.S., Canada, Western Europe, etc). We still think we would benefit from membership. Can we join?
Our mission is focused on developing countries only. Many of our members work also in developed countries, but in order to qualify for membership, you will need to have significant programming focused on supporting entrepreneurs in developing nations.
- We work with entrepreneurs who are the poorest of the poor. We need support from an organization like ANDE, too! Can we join?
Be sure to read our definition of Small and Growing Businesses. Does your work fit? If so, please join us! If not, we’d still love to keep you in the loop on our newsletter.
- When I become a member, are there additional fees for events or trainings? If I’m not a member, can I still attend events or trainings?
We work to keep membership dues as low as possible and only want you to pay for what you use. Therefore, there is a fee for any event or training you attend. We try to keep fees at cost for members. All events are open to Members first. If we have additional space available, we will allow non-members to attend at an additional fee.
- How many staff members can have access to membership?
All of them! There is no limit to the number of staff who can access to your membership.
- I’m already a member of another network. How are you different?
ANDE takes an ecosystem approach. We believe that by working with many types of organizations across industries, we can ultimately support SGBs in a more efficient and productive manner.
Need more info? Contact Susannah Eastham, Membership Manager.